HyperX®, a division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., just announced the launch of the HyperX Cloud II headset. Shipping now, it features a newly designed USB sound card audio control box featuring 7.1 virtual surround sound, in addition to the great features and benefits of the previous award-winning HyperX Cloud headset. BTR has the original Cloud headset and we are going to post an evaluation of them this week, comparing them sonically to our old Grados.
Designed by HyperX sound engineers, the LED backlit audio control box delivers hardware-based 7.1 virtual surround sound with independent audio and microphone volume control with no drivers needed. Gamers can easily toggle on 7.1 virtual Surround Sound with a push of a button to emulate having seven positional speakers for enhanced gaming. HyperX Cloud II is USB-powered for PC and Mac to amplify audio and voice, as well as 3.5mm stereo compatible for PS4 and Xbox One1.
The microphone is digitally enhanced with noise cancellation, auto gain control and echo cancellation via the USB sound card. Certified by TeamSpeak and Skype optimized, HyperX Cloud II provides clearer voice quality, game sounds and reduced background noise. The ear cups and headband are 100-percent memory foam to provide maximum comfort when gaming for hours.
HyperX will also launch its second gaming surface, HyperX FURY Pro Gaming Mouse Pad. Made of cloth material and soft padding, HyperX FURY mouse pads offer optimal precision, comfort and stability. HyperX FURY mouse pads are available in four sizes, and are durable to suit any gamer’s environment.
HyperX Cloud II is available in red, gun metal, and limited edition pink (coming soon) and is backed by a two-year warranty and legendary HyperX reliability.
HyperX is the high-performance product division of Kingston Technology encompassing high-speed DDR4 and DDR3 memory, SSDs, USB Flash drives, and gaming accessories. Created especially for gamers, overclockers and enthusiasts, HyperX is known throughout the world for quality, performance and innovation. HyperX is committed to eSports as it sponsors over 20 teams globally and is the main sponsor of Intel Extreme Masters. HyperX is featured at many shows including Brasil Game Show, China Joy, DreamHack and PAX.
For more information, visit the HyperX home page.
HyperX Cloud II Features and Specifications:
- Transducer Type: dynamic Ø 53mm
- Frequency Response: 15Hz–25,000 Hz
- Nominal SPL: 98±3dB
- Operating principle: closed
- Nominal impedance: 60 Ω per system
- T.H.D.: < 2%
- Power handling capacity: 150mW
- Sound coupling to the ear: circumaural
- Ambient noise attenuation: approx. 20 dBa
- Headband pressure: 5N
- Weight with microphone and cable: 320g
- Cable length and type: 1m + 2m extension
- Connection: single mini stereo jack plug (3.5 mm)
- Transducer Type: condenser (back electret)
- Polar Pattern: cardioid
- Frequency Response: 50-18,000 Hz
- Operating principle: pressure gradient
- Power supply: AB powering
- Supply voltage: 2V
- Current consumption: max 0.5 mA
- Nominal impedance: ≤2.2 kΩ
- Open circuit voltage: at f = 1 kHz: 20 mV / Pa
- THD: 2% at f = 1 kHz
- Max. SPL: 105dB SPL (THD≤1.0% at 1 KHz)
- Microphone output: -39±3dB
- Length mic boom: 150mm (include gooseneck)
- Capsule diameter: Ø6*5 mm
- Connection: single mini stereo jack plug (3.5mm)
1 Controller adapter required.
HyperX can be found on: