Here is NVIDIA’s latest press release for SHIELD which was originally launched in 2015.
We reached a major milestone as we released our 20th software upgrade, SHIELD Software Experience Upgrade 7.1.
Our latest software upgrade delivers:
- In-game voice chat support – for communicating in top GeForce NOW games like Fortnite – with headsets connected to the 3.5mm headset jack on SHIELD controllers
- Improved keyboard and mouse support in GeForce NOW
- Smoother, more accurate mouse movements
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Keyboard and Mouse games row
- More day-and-date releases including Monster Hunter World and F1 2018
- The upcoming release of Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- NVIDIA SHIELD TV companion app with a virtual keyboard and mouse that makes entering user names, email addresses and password simple
- The triumphant return of NVIDIA Share features (Broadcast to Twitch, recording and screenshots)
- 120Hz modes for supported TVs and monitors
- Quick settings for power off, restart and sleep
The features in Software Upgrade 7.1 join an already impressive list. Over the course of those 20 updates we’ve added: Google Assistant with hands-free control and Samsung SmartThings; the new GeForce NOW beta service; HDR support for NVIDIA GameStream, and in top apps like Netflix and Prime Video; the ability to watch and record live TV with Plex; the best YouTube experience with YouTube TV, YouTube 360 and YouTube Kids; support in the Amazon ecosystem with Amazon Music via Cast; support in the Apple ecosystem with iTunes Movies available in the Movies Anywhere app and iTunes Music available in the Google Music Manager; three operating system upgrades and a brand new UI; and thousands of new apps and games.
Not to mention, it’s all been free!
And check out the SHIELD TV Release Notes for the long, but comprehensive list of updates.
/end press release
Happy Gaming and Streaming!