Kingston Technology has breaking news from Fountain Valley, CA: HyperX has just announced the HyperX Predator PCIe SSD. Shipping immediately, HyperX Predator PCIe SSD is the highest-end SSD in the HyperX lineup, and the specifications look great.
HyperX Predator PCIe SSD offers 240GB and 480GB capacities with incredible speeds to maximize current systems performance. Faster than SATA-based SSDs, the PCIe generation 2.0 x4 interface delivers speeds up to 1400MB/s read and 1000MB/s write for extra-responsive multitasking and an overall faster system. It is powered by the Marvell 88SS9293 controller.
The M.2 form factor ensures next-generation platform support with an M.2 PCIe slot. An optional half-height, half-length (HHHL) adapter is also available for many existing motherboards without an M.2 socket. The HHHL adapter comes with both standard and low-profile brackets to fit in slim profile desktop builds.
HyperX is the high-performance product division of Kingston Technology encompassing high-speed DDR4 and DDR3 memory, SSDs, USB Flash drives, headsets and gaming accessories. Targeted at gamers, overclockers and enthusiasts, HyperX is known throughout the world for quality, performance and innovation. HyperX is committed to eSports as it sponsors over 20 teams globally and is the main sponsor of Intel Extreme Masters. HyperX can be found at many shows including Brasil Game Show, China Joy, DreamHack, gamescomand PAX.
For more information visit the HyperX home page.
HyperX Predator SSD Features and Benefits:
- Fast: PCIe connection provides higher speeds than SATA-based solid-state drives for the ultimate computing experience
- Blazing performance: ultra-responsive multitasking and overall faster system
- Reliable: rugged and durable to take your system to the edge
- Form factor: M.2 with optional Half-Height Half-length adapter to fit in both new and older motherboards
- Guaranteed: three-year warranty and free technical support
- Form factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: PCIe Gen 2.0 x 4
- Capacities1: 240GB, 480GB
- Controller: Marvell 88SS9293
- Baseline Performance2:
Compressible Data Transfer (ATTO):
240GB: 1400MB/s Read and 600MB/s Write
480GB: 1400MB/s Read and 1000MB/s Write
Incompressible Data Transfer (AS-SSD and CrystalDiskMark):
240GB: 1290MB/s Read and 600MB/s Write
480GB: 1100MB/s Read and 910MB/s Write
IOMETER Maximum Random 4k Read/Write:
240GB: up to 160,000/ up to 119,000 IOPS
480GB: up to 130,000/ up to 118,000 IOPS
Random 4k Read/Write:
240GB: up to 120,000/ up to 78,000 IOPS
480GB: up to 117,000/ up to 70,000 IOPS
PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score:
PCMARK® 8 Storage Bandwidth:
PCMARK® 8 Storage Score:
Anvil Total Score (Incompressible Workload):
- Power Consumption: 1.38W Idle / 1.4W Avg. / 1.99W (MAX) Read / 8.25W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperatures: -40°C~85°C
- Operating temperatures: 0°C~70°C
- Dimensions: 80mm x 22mm x 3.5mm (M.2)
180.98mm x 120.96mm x 21.59mm (with HHHL adapter – standard bracket)
181.29mm x 80.14mm x 23.40mm (with HHHL adapter – low-profile bracket)
- Weight: 10g (M.2)
73g (with HHHL adapter – standard bracket)
68g (with HHHL adapter – low-profile bracket)
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support: 3-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW)3: 240GB: 415TB 1.6 DWPD4
480GB: 882TB 1.7 DWPD4
1 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not
available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the
products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
2 Based on “out-of-box performance” using a PCIe 3.0/2.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware,
software and usage. IOMETER Random 4k Random Read/Write is based on 8GB partition.
3 Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Client Workload (JESD219A).
4 Drive Writes Per Day (DWPD)
|HyperX Predator PCIe SSD|
|Part Number||Capacity and Features|
|SHPM2280P2/240G||M.2 Form Factor 240GB|
|SHPM2280P2/480G||M.2 Form Factor 480GB|
|SHPM2280P2H/240G||HHHL Form Factor 240GB|
|SHPM2280P2H/480G||HHHL Form Factor 480GB|
HyperX can be found on: