Our friends at GALAX today announced their new custom water-cooled Hall of Fame (HOF) series. The HOF series’ stated reason for existence is fueled by their passion for creating video cards capable of World record-breaking overclocks and superb in-game performance. GALAX’s dedication is to engineering the most capable, powerful, and uncompromised gaming hardware, earning the HOF series graphics cards an outstanding reputation.
Working in-conjunction with the UK’s Diamond Cooling based in Europe, GALAX has developed a water cooling solution designed to fully unleash the full potential of the GTX 980 and 970 HOF graphics cards with an unprecedented cooling capacity needed for extreme overclocks.
The design philosophy for the new Hall of Fame waterblock is based on five pillars of performance cooler engineering: (1) Full PCB coverage, (2) active cooling for all key components, (3) no top cover plates hiding parts of the block, (4) a clean yet strong design, and (5) no compromise in cooling efficiency and coolant flow. Only the best materials make the cut for the waterblock’s construction, ensuring superior quality.
|GTX 980 HOF:||GTX 970 HOF:|
|Base Clock (MHz)||1304||1216|
|Boost Clock (MHz)||1418||1380|
GTX 970/980 HOF Key Features:
- Completely redesigned PCB layout, optimized from the ground up for GM204
- 10 layer manufacturing process in HOF signature pure white color
- Extended PCB width with improved layout and cleaner signal
- Next generation IR3595 Digital PWM controller provides 2X switching frequency vs. previous generation
- 8 phase GPU + 2 phase memory power
- IR3555 with next gen DrMOS and 60A output
- Aerospace-grade GALAX Extreme Power Inductors provide ultra-long life, high endurance and low noise vs. normal power inductors
- Hyper Boost technology acts like a hardware turbocharger, increasing fan speed and maximum powerdelivered to the GPU with the push of a button
- Voltage tool (developed by enthusiasts) allows voltage beyond stock limits
- Hardware dual BIOS simplifies the tweaking process by enabling risk-free firmware updates and customization
Water Block Key Features:
-Fits both GALAX GTX 970 and GTX 980 Hall Of Fame graphics cards
-Custom engineered design to maximize coolant flow and heat transfer
-Pure copper blocks
-Full active cooling for all key components
-PETG acrylic / white acetal top
-Full PCB coverage including power connectors
-Universal 1/4 inch coolant ports for compatibility with most water cooling systems
-Coolant channel specially built for optimal flow with bidirectional hookups
The custom GeForce GTX 980/970 HOF water cooled editions will be available online at http://www.galaxstore.net.