• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is ABT for sale?
Good luck! It sounds fantastic for BTR! I'm very happy for you.

It sounds a bit strange to me that they didn't say when the NDA expires. Oh well, I guess we are all just stuck waiting. I will be looking for reviews all week. :)

It seems early if it's captain jack though; I thought they said June...
This is a first time for me.  I have always got a firm NDA previously.  

There are several things that are .... unexplained ... even after benching the HW.
Huh

Quote:It seems early if it's captain jack though; I thought they said June...
Well, aren't we expecting warmed over (pardon the pun) Hawaii with 8GB DDR5, and Fiji with HBM?

Which one launches first?

Isn't June .. like, a week away?
Huh
Actually, I can't explain it.
:(

Somehow it just doesn't fit in with what I expected. I have a few questions myself before I try to explain to others.
:s
I'm very curious as to what AMD has coming out. The rumours are now saying that captain jack is a halo card that will be faster than the Titan x. The rest of the cards are supposedly rebrands, but then I read that the 390 and 390x will have Tonga cores. It will be very interesting to see what they have done.
(05-24-2015, 05:23 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I'm very curious as to what AMD has coming out. The rumours are now saying that captain jack is a halo card that will be faster than the Titan x. The rest of the cards are supposedly rebrands, but then I read that the 390 and 390x will have Tonga cores. It will be very interesting to see what they have done.

Do you want my guess while I still can give it (I really don't "know" anything official and it would just be my guess).

Rhetorical question.

I think AMD is do-or-die to beat the Titan X at a lower price. It's the only thing that makes sense for them and it follows their pattern with overclocking the snot out of Hawaii to beat the old Titan.

So it makes sense that there would be an ultra version (390XT) that would give AMD bragging rights of "world's fastest" even though it probably will only trade blows with it in selected games. AMD would be able to refine Hawaii using what they learned with Tonga, and they would save considerable power with HBM. Using water cooling, the probably can pull it off - but it will be expensive also. The regular 390X aircooled chip will probably be faster than GTX 980.

So what will Nvidia do. That is the hundred million dollar question.
:idea:
I'm sure that nvidia would immediately cut prices to compensate.
That's all?

What else can they do? Nvidia doesn't like to come in "second" .. in graphics, it is the same as Last
I can't see them coming out with something faster than the Titan x, not right away anyhow. I don't think they will do a dual gpu card either, it's not their style. I think they are going to have to live with being second best for awhile. They had a good run at least. I will be happy to see AMD on top for a bit. They have been down and out for a long time. They need this.
I think you will be surprised.   Your scenario is no doubt unacceptable to Nvidia.

:)
(05-24-2015, 07:09 PM)apoppin Wrote: I think you will be surprised.   Your scenario is no doubt unacceptable to Nvidia.

:)
The Titan x just came out though with an absolutely massive die. Do you really think they can make something bigger on the current node? I don't. Plus I hear that nvidia plans to skip right to the 14nm process. It will be interesting to see what they will do. Their options appear to be quite limited though.