• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BF V RTX is now live
Fair enough; thank you for clarifying. We are agreed. And it's nice to hear different perspectives. I wasn't trying to take away from the me too movement with my comments, either. I was simply pointing out the tremendous power a false accuser holds when making a false allegation against a high ranking member of the government.
Thank-you.

Agree
I got locked out of BF V for up to 24 hours even though I have a press key. Origin only allows 5 video card changes in a 24 hour period. I had a workaround but it wasn't too reliable. So, I should be able to return to benching tomorrow afternoon.

Our review will be late. I'll write much of it tonight and insert many pics, but there is still work to be done. Expect it on Wednesday. Mario is writing the MP and I am covering War Stories and performance.

It means that I get a break tonight. We won't put up a half done review. I don't care about traffic. It will be done when its done. Then I'll skip the current drive performance analysis and take a few days off and actually play something - just to play. I may even finish the one War Story that I didn't complete.

Gamer4
If there is anything I *hate*, it is to have to redo something I have already done. I'm sorry you're having to go through this, apoppin. Good luck wrapping it up. EA Origin is almost as amateur as the clowns at Microsoft.

I hope you are going to point out these flaws in your review. Your readers will like it and will probably appreciate it. And IMO EA needs to hear it.
No big deal. I got War Stories done and I am finally unlocked to be able to go back and capture images. Mario has his part of the review done and I'll combine and post tomorrow.

Thank-you.

And there is NO comparison between EA and MS. Origin is 100X better than the garbage that is the Windows Store platform. Origin's cloud glitches occasionally - and it did it again. Last time was last year for me.

I see Forza is on sale at Newegg. It would have to be $20 for me to buy it.
Forza is $35 on Amazon right now. It's tempting for me because I have put countless hours into the game and my kids *love* it. My game pass expires in the new year. I might just do it.

*edit* I just checked and my game pass subscriptions is good until May 2019. I will hold off for now. There will probably be a better deal in the future that also contains some DLC.

My game purchase of the day was Bomberman R from Gamesbillet. If it's anything like the classic version my kids are going to love it! $18USD on sale right now.
(11-21-2018, 01:18 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Forza is $35 on Amazon right now.  It's tempting for me because I have put countless hours into the game and my kids *love* it.  My game pass expires in the new year.  I might just do it.

*edit* I just checked and my game pass subscriptions is good until May 2019.  I will hold off for now.  There will probably be a better deal in the future that also contains some DLC.

My game purchase of the day was Bomberman R from Gamesbillet.  If it's anything like the classic version my kids are going to love it!  $18USD on sale right now.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a...6832130859&utm
Quote:Forza Horizon 4: Standard Edition Xbox One / Windows 10 [Digital Code]
Limit 3 per customer.
$59.99
Your Price: $34.99
With Promo Code
EMCEERP35

I had some big issues with benching that gave DX12 a huge performance increase over DX11 in BF5 that no other reviewer saw. Nvidia said something was wrong, so I had to figure it out myself. I am back in for 5 more cards, so I have been testing setting by setting. Here is my conclusion:

It's Future Frame Rendering. Off or On doesn't appear to make any difference to performance with DX12 - but it stutters with it ON.

OFF on DX11 cripples the framerates. And it makes no apparent difference to stuttering either way.

My preliminary analysis indicated that if you play in DX11 - leave Future Rendering ON.

But if you play in DX12 and want stutter free, leave it OFF. But I have to re-run my benches with DX12 to make sure that it makes no difference to performance or to visuals.

So my review is going to be a little late.
Blush

Mystery solved
Cool. You are beta testing a bunch of super new stuff. It's good to hear you got it sorted out.
Yes. I was worried about my results being different from every other reviewer. They left on Future rendering which impacts latency (it stutters in DX12). Unfortunately, I left it off in DX11 - but I won't go back and even give DX11 results except for a couple of cards to show the impact. That 5 hardware change rule really messes with the amount of time I can spend with a review.

I can only test 4 more cards, then I have to return to DX12 RTX 2080 Ti to take ray traced reflections (and double check Frame rate off performance vs ON).

Mario has his writing done. He just needs some MP video and more screenshots. Our joint review should be posted tomorrow .. not sure what time.

You may not see me here for awhile. I have to concentrate on benching and writing or it will take too long to post it - I want it posted before Thanksgiving Day.
Two issues. Today EA locked me out of BF5 after only three (3) card changes. Stupid asses! This is how they treat the press. So I won't bench Vega 64 or RX 590.

Second Issue - I have a Seasonic Focus 850W PSU and all 3 of the cards mentioned.
https://knowledge.seasonic.com/article/2...ity-issues

Quote:We have been notified, in limited instances, where some issues may occur when a FOCUS power supply is used in conjunction with certain high power consumption GPU or brand of VGA cards. If you experience possible compatibility issues, please check the below information and contact us for further assistance:

FOCUS PLUS & ASUS GTX970 STRIX: In very limited instances black screen may occur under heavy VGA usage. Current testing showed that certain VGA cards may emit higher than normal ripple when under heavy load and using a modified PCIe cables with enhanced shielding resolved the issue.

FOCUS PLUS & Vega 56/64: For units with serial numbers before January 2018, in rare instances, possible system shutdown may occur when GPU is under heavy load. This is possibly caused by higher than normal peak current emitted by this particular range of GPU's when under heavy load triggering the PSU’s internal protection safety.

There is no win for me today
Blush

At least tomorrow is Thanksgiving ... and I DO have a lot of other things to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving Day!