• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good morning BTR!
I think most of us finally exhaled when Biden was sworn in. The Trump elections are the only ones in my almost 40 years of voting I voted for the Democrat.

Sounds like the website is doing well, glad to hear it!

I will be surprised if VR becomes mainstream, even though it is fun. The things where you have to wear gear just don't seem to gain traction.

I am pretty happy NVIDIA supports Freesync now. I have dual 32" 144hz LG monitors and the GSync seems to be working fine.
(04-07-2021, 12:11 PM)CyberMage Wrote: I think most of us finally exhaled when Biden was sworn in. The Trump elections are the only ones in my almost 40 years of voting I voted for the Democrat.

Sounds like the website is doing well, glad to hear it!

I will be surprised if VR becomes mainstream, even though it is fun. The things where you have to wear gear just don't seem to gain traction.

I am pretty happy NVIDIA supports Freesync now. I have dual 32" 144hz LG monitors and the GSync seems to be working fine.

You can say that again about the last PotUS - and the current one. A lot of conservatives crossed over because of Trump. He destroyed a once decent party - but exposed a lot of career politicians for what they are who support him. It's good to see America recovering - especially from the pandemic and the stupid politicization of reasonable health safeguards. The same thing happened in Brazil where a lot of my friends live, and they can't wait for their own election next year.

Thank-you. BTR is doing great and we have a real niche cornered with VR that is expanding. VR will become mainstream but it has a very long way to go. It's making good progress but will take a good while before headsets are much smaller, lighter, wireless, and less expensive - and at least couple more generations of GPUs to drive it. But there are interactions in VR that are simply unavailable in pancake gaming, and the immersion level is much higher.

Technology (and tons of money) will eventually drive it forward even as word of mouth is expanding it now. VR is already essential to industry and NASA is behind it strongly. There were a lot of tech people who wrongly claimed it would be the 'next big thing' (not me) and are still bitterly disappointed that their ridiculous predictions failed. I was able to get exclusive interviews with both Nvidia and with AMD about VR's future (it's bright). I have 3 headsets I regularly benchmark (Valve Index/Vive Pro/Reverb G2) and they each have their strong and weak points. I'm looking forward to the next gen of HMD 2.0 - probably late this year or next.

My 4K LG BenQ and 1440P 240Hz Samsung LG7 both support FreeSync and Gsync. It's a great feature.