• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The EVGA RTX 2070 Black Benchmarked with 38 Games.
https://babeltechreviews.com/the-evga-rt...nchmarked/
(10-16-2018, 01:07 PM)apoppin Wrote: https://babeltechreviews.com/the-evga-rt...nchmarked/

Quote:Nvidia Slanted reviews, with special Nvidia slanted drivers and settings and conditions...

I LOVE FAKE NEWS!

JC-LOL JC-LOL
It's an EVGA slanted review.  And it's the card you will be getting in a week or so .... soon your own reviews will be questioned on social media.
Beee

I am keeping my Founders Edition
Heart

It runs hotter but OCs better
Gamer4
The review looks good. My one curiosity is, why did the HardOCP review show such a big difference between the GTX 1080 and the RTX 2070, but not the BTR review? I'm wondering if it's because of the testing methodology. I have a feeling that increasing the power and temperature sliders benefits Pascal a lot, but makes much less difference on the Turing cards because they are built on a newer more efficient process.

I'm disappointed with the fact that nVidia promised us Titan XP performance on these cards, but they did not deliver. nVidia has absolutely no need to lie or mislead us during their presentations. I watched it live and I was under the impression that this card would be faster than a Titan XP. If they meant something different then they should have clarified. These comments came straight from Jensun Huang, the CEO. That was an AMD move IMO. Completely unnecessary and completely uncalled for.

That all being said it looks as though the RTX 2070 could be the best value of the Turing cards, which is nice.

I'm feeling absolutely no temptation to upgrade at this time. I suspect things will become much more interesting in a couple of years.
(10-16-2018, 11:05 PM)SickBeast Wrote: The review looks good.  My one curiosity is, why did the HardOCP review show such a big difference between the GTX 1080 and the RTX 2070, but not the BTR review?  I'm wondering if it's because of the testing methodology.  I have a feeling that increasing the power and temperature sliders benefits Pascal a lot, but makes much less difference on the Turing cards because they are built on a newer more efficient process.
Thank-you. I'm finishing up the FE card benching/writing right now. And I believe you are right about BTR's testing methodology. Plus BTR's benching is far more repeatable and is more than 4 times larger than HardOCP's benching suite. Still, it wins convincingly over the the older Pascal card.

Quote:I'm disappointed with the fact that nVidia promised us Titan XP performance on these cards, but they did not deliver.  nVidia has absolutely no need to lie or mislead us during their presentations.  I watched it live and I was under the impression that this card would be faster than a Titan XP.  If they meant something different then they should have clarified.  These comments came straight from Jensun Huang, the CEO.  That was an AMD move IMO.  Completely unnecessary and completely uncalled for.
I think I mentioned this before - Jensen said, "with DLSS" it is faster than the Titan Xp ... and we only have one benchmark currently which is FFXV that I didn't test with the Xp. I'll withhold judgement until we test more games with it.

Quote:That all being said it looks as though the RTX 2070 could be the best value of the Turing cards, which is nice.

I'm feeling absolutely no temptation to upgrade at this time.  I suspect things will become much more interesting in a couple of years.
I am certain the RTX 2070 offers the most performance bang for buck of the RTX cards so far which is why I gave it a Good Value award - compare with the $500 Red Devil 56 or the $470-$550 GTX 1080s.

And I agree with you, the GTX 1080 Ti is a superfast card and the only card that would make any performance difference for you would be the much more expensive RTX 2080 Ti. RTX has no value currently - it is a future tech we are all waiting to see.
They should not, under any circumstance, compare performance of one card that supports a new feature with an older card that does not. Even if they disclosed it, which I still don't remember, it is misleading.

Aside from that, this was a decent launch for nVidia IMO. This is an early adopter launch. They are giving the same performance per dollar compared to the previous generation for the most part, with the RTX technology essentially thrown in for free. That's not a bad deal for gamers considering just how much this technology cost to develop. If DLSS catches on in particular, this could turn out to be a very good generation for nVidia and I might even bite at the right price for the right card.
(10-16-2018, 11:05 PM)SickBeast Wrote: The review looks good.  My one curiosity is, why did the HardOCP review show such a big difference between the GTX 1080 and the RTX 2070, but not the BTR review?  

I finally looked at the [H] review
https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018/10/...ce_review/

Quote:The video card we have got our hands on is an MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z video card. This is a highly factory overclocked custom cooled and built GeForce RTX 2070 video card. This video card represents the pinnacle of GeForce RTX 2070 performance.

It's highly overclocked
Beee

And at 1 AM I can finally get to bed. I hope I can sleep. And I don't plan on doing too much tomorrow - other than catching up on my life (cleaning/cooking/washing/reading/watching the news/and other *important* things)
Gamer4

I am not sure I want to bother with overclocking the 3 cards .. I'd rather slowly ease back into VR and take a break from pancake benching. ... Although Assassin's Creed Odyssey might appeal to me.
Good3
(10-17-2018, 07:57 AM)apoppin Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 11:05 PM)SickBeast Wrote: The review looks good.  My one curiosity is, why did the HardOCP review show such a big difference between the GTX 1080 and the RTX 2070, but not the BTR review?  

I finally looked at the [H] review
https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018/10/...ce_review/

Quote:The video card we have got our hands on is an MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z video card. This is a highly factory overclocked custom cooled and built GeForce RTX 2070 video card. This video card represents the pinnacle of GeForce RTX 2070 performance.

It's highly overclocked
Beee

This is a great compilation at 3D Center.org. My review fits right in - within 1-2% of the other review site averages.

https://www.3dcenter.org/news/geforce-rt...ueberblick

Use google translate.
My review must be cutting AMD's Red Team right to their core.

Nasty comments on the article - which I answered, of course.  It's easy to spot AMD's stealth employees and shills posting their brain-damaged sh!t all over social media.
https://babeltechreviews.com/the-evga-rt...nchmarked/

My review is spot on with every other independent tech site as one person commented rightly on referring to the compilation I linked above.

It's just bigger .. and badder.
Gamer4
They have also been attacking me on another forum for linking to your site. They want to shut you down. They clearly fear people knowing the truth. They are the scum of the earth IMO. I understand taking free hardware, but **** like this is taking things too far.