• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *16*
Tropical Storm Olivia made landfall in Maui today - for the first time ever in recorded history.

Good thing it's not a hurricane
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/38969...aui-county

Now the East Coast of the USA is bracing for a big one.
It looks like my EVGA 1000W PSU finally bit the dust. No issues (so far) with the 850 W Seasonic Focus unit - it's stable on the same games with Titan Xp that crashed my PC before.

I guess the PSU was probably the cause of my instability for months. Just little errors and less OC. I wonder if Vega 64 or 56 will give me issues tomorrow. Doubtful. Now I need to see if my EVGA unit is still within warranty. My last back-up is a semi-reliable bronze 750 W unit I don't want to use.

I got Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Downloading. I am going to be through my 150GB of "priority data" in under 10 days. Then I am stuck with being "prioritized" by the shittiest ISP in the western world for the next 20 days (good speeds only from 1 AM - 9 AM; then absolute crap from 4 PM to 11 PM).
Blush
Finally logged in......cleared my phone of all babletech related and it worked.
Thanks guys.
(09-13-2018, 04:43 AM)happy medium Wrote: Finally logged in......cleared my phone of all babletech related and it worked.
Thanks guys.

I am glad you made it!  

I am benching Shadows of the Tomb Raider with a Titan Xp @ 4K all maxed out Highest/ultra/on - it looks good from the benchmark, I just installed it - - - 45 fps average/39 minimum.

I'd definitely like something faster ...
Gamer4
I loved the last 2 Tomb Raider games, and Shadows is a must buy for me.
(09-13-2018, 10:01 AM)happy medium Wrote: I loved the last 2 Tomb Raider games, and Shadows is a must buy for me.

I wish that I had a lot more time to play it. I'm using the built-in bench and I have to go back and retest my cards (1080 Ti/1080/1070/980Ti/etc.) And of course, I have some other cards to test ,,, including Vega 64. My system is stable with the new PSU, so good news!

It is holding firm on the pricing ... ~$48 is the cheapest I can find now for about 20% off:

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/shadow-o...eam-cd-key
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/sha...er-pc/?utm
Welcome back, happy medium. Friends
(09-13-2018, 08:24 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Welcome back, happy medium.  Friends

Drinks

It looks like all of the system instability that would occasionally happen was due to my intermittent PSU. It worked most of the time, but it can no longer handle high power draw cards.

I made a big mess up yesterday. Damn Origin asked me if I wanted to use cloud data or my local save for Battlefront II - well, unlike Ubisoft which saves a copy of both data sets, EA deleted my benchmark save. Fortunately I was able to boot up my AMD partition and restore it. I did not want to play that damn introduction over again. And Battlefront is too important benchmark to skip even if I do have 35 other games.
Gamer4

Benching now with Vega 64 ... and so far, so good. It looks like stability is back. I didn't realize that PSUs can destabilize systems like what happened to me. I will start a RMA tonight or tomorrow with EVGA.

In other good news, I made it to my chiropractor today ... and the herbs arrived nearly a week late. It's good to see that I can skip a few days without noticeable harm. Boiling them now.
Good3
Thanks for the welcome back.....
So it looks like Nvidia has found an opening to raise the image quality bar as well as the performance bar.

With AMD 's stagnant GPU line, I think its the perfect time for RTX line.
A while back I asked the question "what do we do when 4k 60fps+ is easily attained"? 6k 8k? I guess Nvidia answered my question, raise image quality .
Now the new standard will be lower resolution with higher image quality and the new goal will be Ray tracing @ 4k @60 + fps.

This is genius. If they push game developers it will be a total success.
Its also a great way to separate console graphics from PC graphics for the next 2 or 3 year's.
(09-13-2018, 08:41 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(09-13-2018, 08:24 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Welcome back, happy medium.  Friends

Drinks

It looks like all of the system instability that would occasionally happen was due to my intermittent PSU.  It worked most of the time, but it can no longer handle high power draw cards.

I made a big mess up yesterday.  Damn Origin asked me if I wanted to use cloud data or my local save for Battlefront II - well, unlike Ubisoft which saves a copy of both data sets, EA deleted my benchmark save.  Fortunately I was able to boot up my AMD partition and restore it. I did not want to play that damn introduction over again.  And Battlefront is too important benchmark to skip even if I do have 35 other games.
Gamer4

Benching now with Vega 64 ... and so far, so good.  It looks like stability is back.  I didn't realize that PSUs can destabilize systems like what happened to me.  I will start a RMA tonight or tomorrow with EVGA.

In other good news, I made it to my chiropractor today ... and the herbs arrived nearly a week late.  It's good to see that I can skip a few days without noticeable harm.  Boiling them now.
Good3

Sounds like lots of stuff is getting sorted out for you today. It's good to hear. Good luck with what you're working on. I have my nose to the grindstone right now also. But it's a "good" busy.

(09-13-2018, 08:45 PM)happy medium Wrote: Thanks for the welcome back.....
So it looks like Nvidia has found an opening to raise the image quality bar as well as the performance bar.

With AMD 's stagnant GPU line, I think its the perfect time for RTX line.
A while back I asked the question "what do we do when 4k 60fps+ is easily attained"? 6k 8k? I guess Nvidia answered my question, raise image quality .
Now the new standard will be lower resolution with higher image quality and the new goal will be Ray tracing @ 4k @60 + fps.

This is genius. If they push game developers it will be a total success.

Yup, I agree. nVidia has now given people a reason to upgrade for multiple upcoming generations. It's a brilliant business move. They have had really smart people working for them for a very long time now. It's nice to see that they have not stagnated. They still have that fire burning. It's really quite impressive. I kind of wish I owned their stock.