• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FS: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti hybrid $700, EVGA GTX 1070 hybrid $370, Ryzen 1800X CPU $250, +
(08-13-2018, 01:10 AM)apoppin Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 12:16 AM)SickBeast Wrote: That's it, my GTX 1080 Ti card is officially gone, I handed it to the buyer about an hour ago.  All of my eBay listings sold.  I just have the RAM to ship out tomorrow.  I will be using eBay again during these seller sales.  I'm going to rummage and see what else I have to sell.  I know I have my Essential Phone but I need to RMA it before I can sell it.  I have lots of stuff in my garage.  Beats Solo 2 wireless headphones also.

Congrats.  It's an awesome feeling to get rid of stuff that you don't need that others find useful and will pay you for them.

Planning another vacation to Florida ... soon?
Dance3

https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/launches-and-events
https://www.space.com/32286-space-calendar.html
I had a look at plane ticket prices and over Christmas it would cost me more than the flights I just took, so it's a no go. And that was with a super discount airline that I would have to take out of the USA, a 3 hour drive from my house. So no. Not until I can find a good deal on a flight. I'm hoping for something over March Break. And it's looking like my wife and I will be taking a cruise early next summer.

Everyone seems to want to go to Cuba next time.
(08-13-2018, 01:46 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I had a look at plane ticket prices and over Christmas it would cost me more than the flights I just took, so it's a no go.  And that was with a super discount airline that I would have to take out of the USA, a 3 hour drive from my house.  So no.  Not until I can find a good deal on a flight.  I'm hoping for something over March Break.  And it's looking like my wife and I will be taking a cruise early next summer.

Everyone seems to want to go to Cuba next time.

It's always good to plan ahead. I didn't come here for a vacation, but it is turning into a good one since I am already feeling better. If I truly recover from my health issues, I will be able to work regularly and come back here next year for a more extended and relaxed vacation. I would plan for it around September/October in the 'off' season when it is cooler and the waves start to get more active. And of course, I would see my friends and seek follow-up treatment.

Hurricane season
Crazy_pilot

I am about to head out for a swim. The families are leaving and the crowd is going home - just as I always liked it. Oahu may be more crowded and more expensive, but at its heart, it hasn't changed.
Dance3
That's great to hear.

Yeah, I enjoyed Florida so much that I'm looking forward to going back somewhere warm. It would be cool if I could ever make it out your way. It's definitely on my "list" of places to visit.

We have a new discount airline here in Canada called "Swoop", so hopefully my next trip will be cheaper.
Ala Moana has small waves now, 2' perhaps with an occasional wave to maybe 4'. It will be nice for paddling around and there also completely protected areas that are great for the kids when the waves are breaking big outside. There is usually surf on at least one shore on the Island -and at least one good for swimming and diving. It almost never goes flat completely (all around).

It is truly a surfer's paradise. I am heading out to the beach while the tide is still going high. More reef is covered and swimming will be easier.

Aloha
That sounds great! Enjoy! Stay safe out there, watch for sharks!
(08-13-2018, 02:43 AM)SickBeast Wrote: That sounds great!  Enjoy!  Stay safe out there, watch for sharks!

Not likely on the inside. I have been chased out of the water before by a large Great White Shark in Imperial Beach - now that was an experience!

But today was my first day back in the ocean in 15 years. It felt good .. but even swimming with fins tired me out, And I am sore.

It's all good.
Good3
(08-13-2018, 04:04 AM)apoppin Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 02:43 AM)SickBeast Wrote: That sounds great!  Enjoy!  Stay safe out there, watch for sharks!

Not likely on the inside.  I have been chased out of the water before by a large Great White Shark in Imperial Beach - now that was an experience!  

But today was my first day back in the ocean in 15 years.  It felt good .. but even swimming with fins tired me out,  And I am sore.

It's all good.
Good3

Sounds like a good time. Hopefully you can spend some more time in the water on your trip.
(08-13-2018, 02:58 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Sounds like a good time.  Hopefully you can spend some more time in the water on your trip.

We'll see. I am still pretty sore from yesterday, but it's a good kind of tired.

And now I have catch up a bit on work today with SIGGRAPH ... and the Vive Pro.