• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FS: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti hybrid $700, EVGA GTX 1070 hybrid $370, Ryzen 1800X CPU $250, +
Is DDR3 selling for a good price? I have some that I purchased myself.

I think you did great overall.
Good3
The DDR3 is not getting the price I had hoped. I listed the sets at $100CAD but they didn't sell. Now I have people bidding around $80CAD for them. The auction closes in a few hours. But I only paid $70CAD for each set, so I did fine.
(08-12-2018, 06:36 PM)SickBeast Wrote: The DDR3 is not getting the price I had hoped.  I listed the sets at $100CAD but they didn't sell.  Now I have people bidding around $80CAD for them.  The auction closes in a few hours.  But I only paid $70CAD for each set, so I did fine.

Thanks. I may need to sell it after my vacation. Organic food prices are very high. I paid $21 for a small chicken ($4.99/lb) and $2.99/lb for Granny Smith apples. All of the fresh produce has to travel by air from the Mainland. Local food grown here is much more reasonably priced.

If not, I will keep my DDR3 another year or so when prices will climb again steeply for the people who need more but won't upgrade.
(08-12-2018, 06:43 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 06:36 PM)SickBeast Wrote: The DDR3 is not getting the price I had hoped.  I listed the sets at $100CAD but they didn't sell.  Now I have people bidding around $80CAD for them.  The auction closes in a few hours.  But I only paid $70CAD for each set, so I did fine.

Thanks.  I may need to sell it after my vacation.  Organic food prices are very high.  I paid $21 for a small chicken ($4.99/lb) and $2.99/lb for Granny Smith apples.  All of the fresh produce has to travel by air from the Mainland.  Local food grown here is much more reasonably priced.

If not, I will keep my DDR3 another year or so when prices will climb again steeply for the people who need more but won't upgrade.

Yeah I thought about keeping my DDR3 long term but now that I have sold my old Haswell rig I really have no need for it and I could use the money now. I'm getting a decent enough price for it, and I think RAM prices will hopefully fall in 2019.

Wow that's expensive for chicken. They had the most *delicious* BBQ chicken at the local grocery store in Florida. Only $7USD. It was *so* good. Way better than what they sell here. The groceries were pretty reasonably priced also. But overall food is cheaper here in Canada. We are lucky.
Oahu features great plate lunches here for reasonable. Also Korean style BBQ. Vietnamese Pho is popular also and I used to love eating at Bale - a chain. Fish is also fresh and exceptional. But I can't eat at any restaurant. I plan to head to the fish market for some fish that is still twitching that I will prepare myself.

Locals can get by eating here for a decent price.

One sad thing I noticed, the homeless population now numbers in the thousands. They are often shipped here by other cities in colder climates, or so I have been told. Oahu's population has grown to 1 million people. It was under 800K when I lived here, and Honolulu is very crowded and traffic is awful.
That’s sad. We have a high homeless population here also, and it’s a bit of a crisis at the moment because we are having thousands of illegal immigrants cross our border illegally from the USA and asking for safe haven status. Our government is obliging them, but the problem is that they are filling up all of our shelter beds for the homeless. They were housing them in university dorms for the summer, but now the government is paying for hotel rooms for them. I don’t really understand it. This is all Trump’s fault due to his immigration policies. But I don’t agree with my government paying for hotel rooms for illegal immigrants while our homeless population suffers. We’ll see what happens. Actually they caught a convicted rapist crossing the border here the other day. It’s a bad situation. Our southern border has typically been secure because most immigrants choose the USA over Canada for a variety of reasons.
Really?

Canada is getting Central American refugees crossing over from the USA? Unbelievable! At least your government has some compassion. It is *sad* that they are ignoring the local Canadian citizens who are homeless at the same time. Canadian tax payers can't like this situation.

Some of the refugees certainly can contribute to become productive members of your society ... but that is long-term - and it requires vetting now. And the indigent citizen homeless issues are tough to address anyway. There is a high percentage of mentally ill among them - and some prefer crime and handouts to working.
Not just from Central America. From all over the world. We are getting all the people Trump is turning away. It's creating a crisis here and it's costing the government a lot of money. People are generally unhappy with how Trudeau has handled it. I'm not sure he will get re-elected in 2019. He's a likable guy but perhaps not the best prime minister.
That's it, my GTX 1080 Ti card is officially gone, I handed it to the buyer about an hour ago. All of my eBay listings sold. I just have the RAM to ship out tomorrow. I will be using eBay again during these seller sales. I'm going to rummage and see what else I have to sell. I know I have my Essential Phone but I need to RMA it before I can sell it. I have lots of stuff in my garage. Beats Solo 2 wireless headphones also.
(08-13-2018, 12:16 AM)SickBeast Wrote: That's it, my GTX 1080 Ti card is officially gone, I handed it to the buyer about an hour ago.  All of my eBay listings sold.  I just have the RAM to ship out tomorrow.  I will be using eBay again during these seller sales.  I'm going to rummage and see what else I have to sell.  I know I have my Essential Phone but I need to RMA it before I can sell it.  I have lots of stuff in my garage.  Beats Solo 2 wireless headphones also.

Congrats. It's an awesome feeling to get rid of stuff that you don't need that others find useful and will pay you for them.

Planning another vacation to Florida ... soon?
Dance3

https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/launches-and-events
https://www.space.com/32286-space-calendar.html