• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FS: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti hybrid $700, EVGA GTX 1070 hybrid $370, Ryzen 1800X CPU $250, +
(07-16-2018, 06:43 PM)apoppin Wrote: I see.  Thank-you for the explanation.  Back when I visited Brazil in the 1980s, it was best to bring dollars and exchange them with *people* as I went.  Inflation was ridiculous and they would pay a premium over their bank exchange rate to hold US dollars as a safeguard against inflation.

No problem.

We don't have that problem here, yet. But they are raising interest rates to boost our currency. Our economies are both being dragged down by the tariffs. And now Trump has taken us to the WTO for retaliating against him. Good luck with that one. He is such a tool.
The US stock market is doing well.

Angel
(07-16-2018, 08:07 PM)apoppin Wrote: The US stock market is doing well.

Angel

Look at your debt. And the tariffs are going to hurt in the long term.

The debt situation in the USA is completely out of control under Trump. Had the economy completely caught fire it could have counterbalanced that somewhat. But now with his tariffs he is pouring on cold water.
(07-16-2018, 08:19 PM)SickBeast Wrote:

Angel

Look at your debt.  And the tariffs are going to hurt in the long term.

The debt situation in the USA is completely out of control under Trump.  Had the economy completely caught fire it could have counterbalanced that somewhat.  But now with his tariffs he is pouring on cold water.

I haven't changed my opinion of the Liar-in-Chief .. he is a clown and a moron and now Trump is licking his sponsor, Putin's butt, after kissing Kim ass.
:poop:
(07-16-2018, 08:24 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 08:19 PM)SickBeast Wrote:

Angel

Look at your debt.  And the tariffs are going to hurt in the long term.

The debt situation in the USA is completely out of control under Trump.  Had the economy completely caught fire it could have counterbalanced that somewhat.  But now with his tariffs he is pouring on cold water.

I haven't changed my opinion of the Liar-in-Chief .. he is a clown and a moron and now Trump is licking his sponsor, Putin's butt, after kissing Kim ass.
:poop:

Trump says he believes Putin over his own intelligence people. Shocking, even for him.
No, it's not shocking since Trump is pandering to his base, the true-believers in his fake news about a nefarious "deep state". IF that were true, he would have already been the victim of an assassination plot since he insists they all work against him.

And of course, Putin is his sponsor/partner who helped elect Trump to office in the dirtiest political election in modern US history
Thinking
(07-16-2018, 10:40 PM)apoppin Wrote: No, it's not shocking since Trump is pandering to his base, the true-believers in his fake news about a nefarious "deep state".  IF that were true, he would have already been the victim of an assassination plot since he insists they all work against him.

And of course, Putin is his sponsor/partner who helped elect Trump to office in the dirtiest political election in modern US history
Thinking
It's kind of scary that Trump is aligning himself with Putin, one of the most evil people on planet earth.
So I have come to the conclusion that I got fair market value for my GTX 1080 Ti card. Yes, it depreciated, but I think I came out OK. If I'm lucky I can buy a GTX 2080 card for around what I just got for this card, and the new card will be more powerful with other benefits.

At this point I think I'm going to ride my other GTX 1080 Ti card into the ground. It's an insane overclocker with +1000mhz on the memory which is basically unheard of. I would be surprised to see the first wave of Volta cards do much better. I'm waiting for the "big Volta" card. I learned my lesson last time. Go big or go home.
Well, you sold it after the market peaked and when mining died and there is a lot of competition now - you probably wouldn't get your price that you got last week now. GTX 1080 and 1080 Ti are often on sale now.

I would do the same thing you are doing. Enjoy your 1080 Ti. It will be a great card for a few years to come. You cannot place any price on *entertainment* ... Your Apple Phone immediately dropped in price the day you got it - way more than your 1080 Ti. Think of buying a new car for $25K ... the minute you drive it off the lot, it loses $5K in value.
Thanks. That's a good way to look at it.

The mining made all of my GPU purchases of the last two years *free*. So I'm not worried.

I'm meeting up with the buyer of the GTX 1080 Ti card today. He wanted to pick it up locally to save on the shipping. And I'm shipping out my old Haswell motherboard and CPU today also. My stuff on Ebay is all selling, including my DDR3 RAM. I am happy with how it worked out so far. My LG G6 phone is selling also. I did great. I recommend their $1 seller fee promotion, it's great.