• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *15*
I am looking for suggestions. I am not really getting better and it looks like I may not return to VR (as Jensen would say) "for a long time". Complex and long PC reviews are also out of the question as I can concentrate only for a few hours a day if I am lucky between blood pressure swings.

However, I am *itching* to get back to benching, even if it is only in a small way. How about if I revisit some of BTR's more popular articles of the past to update them?

Here are some really popular articles I could update more easily that would only have 2 video cards to compare:

1. The Fury X vs. the GTX 980 Ti Revisited with 36 Games
  2. Has Nvidia Forgotten Kepler? The GTX 780 Ti vs. the 290X Revisited
  3. The Sapphire Fury X vs the EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+ Showdown
  4. The XFX Fury X vs. the GTX 980 Ti Showdown – Redux No.3

What do you think? Would this kind of evaluation be worthwhile? I think many gamers are still using Maxwell and Fuji and are thinking perhaps of upgrading to the next gen soon.
Quote: AMD's Fine Wine concept revisited - Fury X vs the GTX 1080 Ti

And it it is successful, I can go back further to Kepler vs Hawaii .. and maybe even do some driver comparisons. Shall I return to BTR's roots for now?
Thinking
That sounds good. What are you going to do? Test newer games with current drivers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(07-11-2018, 12:55 AM)SickBeast Wrote: That sounds good. What are you going to do? Test newer games with current drivers?

Yes. Just like any gamer would do today ... play new games and also old games. How else can I test AMD's "fine wine" premise? And I can even use my expanded 50-game benching suite.

I'll set up Fury X today to make sure it is still working. I don't really want to test 290X (for my poor ears' sake) :P

Quote:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are going to have to upgrade your sig
That sounds interesting. Signature updated. Tapatalk does that by default.
(07-11-2018, 01:49 AM)SickBeast Wrote: That sounds interesting. Signature updated. Tapatalk does that by default.

OK. I will upgrade the AMD SSD tonight and prepared to bench the Fury X (or 290X).

Short and interesting are what I am looking for - to ease back into work.

Thank-you.
Sounds good. Good luck.
(07-10-2018, 11:54 PM)apoppin Wrote: I am looking for suggestions.  I am not really getting better and it looks like I may not return to VR (as Jensen would say) "for a long time".  Complex and long PC reviews are also out of the question as I can concentrate only for a few hours a day if I am lucky between blood pressure swings.  

However, I am *itching* to get back to benching, even if it is only in a small way.  How about if I revisit some of BTR's more popular articles of the past to update them?

Here are some really popular articles I could update more easily that would only have 2 video cards to compare:

1. The Fury X vs. the GTX 980 Ti Revisited with 36 Games
  2. Has Nvidia Forgotten Kepler? The GTX 780 Ti vs. the 290X Revisited
  3. The Sapphire Fury X vs the EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+ Showdown
  4. The XFX Fury X vs. the GTX 980 Ti Showdown – Redux No.3

What do you think? Would this kind of evaluation be worthwhile?  I think many gamers are still using Maxwell and Fuji and are thinking perhaps of upgrading to the next gen soon.
Quote: AMD's Fine Wine concept revisited - Fury X vs the GTX 1080 Ti

And it it is successful, I can go back further to Kepler vs Hawaii .. and maybe even do some driver comparisons.  Shall I return to BTR's roots for now?  
Thinking

Fine w(h)ine? Isn't that what AdoredTV does on youtube? Angel (and AMD's reference GPU cooling solutions :rofl: )

I suspect you'll just end up with plenty of household cleaning grade vinegar.... :devil:
The Advocates have been quiet lately actually. No whining. It's as though they have gone into hiding, albeit temporarily.
(07-11-2018, 03:12 AM)gstanford Wrote: Fine w(h)ine?  Isn't that what AdoredTV does on youtube?  Angel (and AMD's reference GPU cooling solutions :rofl: )

I suspect you'll just end up with plenty of household cleaning grade vinegar....  :devil:

You don't think I should do the review?

Quote:The Advocates have been quiet lately actually. No whining. It's as though they have gone into hiding, albeit temporarily.
No they haven't. The asses at VC&G can't let this go
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/hei...k.2549560/

Check out this brainless sub-reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/
I think GTX 1080 will still be the winner and likely will be extending its lead due to more memory and higher memory clocks, more rops and higher pixel rate, faster shader units and FP performance.