• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMD Navi
(08-27-2018, 09:22 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 08:26 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I don't find this moronic marketing at all.

It's *exactly* the same news as in June with no updates spun into a PR piece disguised an an 'interview'
Beee
Ok. IMO while it may be a PR puff piece it is wise for AMD to come out with "news" like this. Perhaps they could have worded it or framed it better. But they are amateurs, we know this. This was a good attempt, for an amateur. Good3
I can't agree. Except that they may be amateurs, but we are not.
Friends
Dirol
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/9f..._schedule/

Quote:Q: And the absolute last question on the graphics side, 7 nanometer Vega coming to the data center side of it, you've talk about that before at the end of this year. When should we expect 7 nanometer to occur on the more traditional gaming…

A: We haven’t missed that piece. I think, if you look at it from what we have stated, we have 7 nanometer data center GPU launching later this year; we are sampling the 700 CPU this second half of ’18 and then launching in 2019; after that, we'll have the client piece of it; we haven’t been specific about the timing; and graphics will be coming out later than these products.

Vega 20 HPC (Q4 2018) > Epyc (2019) > Ryzen 3000 (2019) > Navi

Navi = Q2 2019 at the earliest

Wait for Navi!!!
Help
Q2 2019 is not all that bad but I would be shocked if we see them that soon.
(09-15-2018, 11:40 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Q2 2019 is not all that bad but I would be shocked if we see them that soon.

We are talking about at least a full year - from now. I wonder what AMD's marketshare of discrete graphics will be then.
AMD stock is down close to 20% in after hours trading. Poor GPU sales. Down to around $18/share. Could be a good buying opportunity. I know I was tempted when it was $26/share.
It's probably a great buying opportunity. I'd buy AMD stock. They just released their financial report, I believe.
This isn't Navi but it may show what AMD *may* be doing and what they said about a possible answer to RTX. They are also adding denoising and machine learning to Vega

... No further TL;DR for you YT watchers. I know you will watch it anyway. I just skimmed it.
Biggrin