• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLD: 1800X & Gigabyte AX370 MB - $461 brand new!
Thank-you, Sick Beast!

GIGABYTE AORUS GA-AX370-Gaming K7 (rev. 1.0) AM4 AMD X370 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - $211 + tax shipped from Newegg
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a...6813128997

AMD RYZEN 7 1800X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo) Socket AM4 95W YD180XBCAEWOF Desktop Processor - $400 + tax shipped from Newegg
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a...6819113430

To buy this combo costs $611 (plus tax) shipped new from Newegg ... and this is about the same price at Amazon

Everything is brand new in the box and unopened.  Take $150 off (down to $461) and pay for shipping
(basically it's ~25% off for brand new)

O.B.O.
Interesting. I might want to buy it. I will think about it and get back to you.
(10-05-2017, 11:36 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Interesting.  I might want to buy it.  I will think about it and get back to you.

I think it's pretty cheap - for brand new. It's almost 25% off and buying it from a private party saves on paying taxes (another 8% in Cali - so about 1/3rd off - I am taking a substantial loss).

1800X is the equal of i7-7700K overall although it is a bit weaker for gaming. I would have kept it - but Coffee Lake just got released and one platform is plenty for reviewing video cards and games..
(10-05-2017, 11:56 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 11:36 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Interesting.  I might want to buy it.  I will think about it and get back to you.

I think it's pretty cheap - for brand new.  It's almost 25% off and buying it from a private party saves on paying taxes (another 8% in Cali - so about 1/3rd off - I am taking a substantial loss).

1800X is the equal of i7-7700K overall although it is a bit weaker for gaming.  I would have kept it - but Coffee Lake just got released and one platform is plenty for reviewing video cards and games..
You're definitely charging a fair price. It's just that for me in Canada I would have to pay HST for it to clear through customs, so the total cost for me would be over $650CAD, plus the shipping cost. It's a little much. It would generate $30USD/month in mining income, so it would pay itself off in 17 months, provided that the mining holds out that long. It would also be a CPU platform that would last me for years and years in all likelihood. I'm going to think it over and let you know. This is definitely a much better deal for someone in the USA.

The other problem for me is all the other costs associated with building a new PC. I would need a case, PSU, RAM, SSD, and a GPU for it. I would probably make my current PC a dedicated mining PC. For Ryzen I would want a GTX 1080 Ti, preferably with the new faster memory. It's going to wind up costing me over $3000CAD.

I will think about it. If I can bring the overall cost of the rig down somehow I just might do it.

Good luck! I think you will find a buyer at that price, if not me. :)
(10-06-2017, 12:06 AM)SickBeast Wrote:

I think it's pretty cheap - for brand new.  It's almost 25% off and buying it from a private party saves on paying taxes (another 8% in Cali - so about 1/3rd off - I am taking a substantial loss).

1800X is the equal of i7-7700K overall although it is a bit weaker for gaming.  I would have kept it - but Coffee Lake just got released and one platform is plenty for reviewing video cards and games..
You're definitely charging a fair price.  It's just that for me in Canada I would have to pay HST for it to clear through customs, so the total cost for me would be over $650CAD, plus the shipping cost.  It's a little much.  It would generate $30USD/month in mining income, so it would pay itself off in 17 months, provided that the mining holds out that long.  It would also be a CPU platform that would last me for years and years in all likelihood.  I'm going to think it over and let you know.  This is definitely a much better deal for someone in the USA.

The other problem for me is all the other costs associated with building a new PC.  I would need a case, PSU, RAM, SSD, and a GPU for it.  I would probably make my current PC a dedicated mining PC.  For Ryzen I would want a GTX 1080 Ti, preferably with the new faster memory.  It's going to wind up costing me over $3000CAD.

I will think about it.  If I can bring the overall cost of the rig down somehow I just might do it.

Good luck!  I think you will find a buyer at that price, if not me. :)

I already mentioned the issues of sending things to Canada - even for a gift, they charge you import duty.

I also have 2x8GB of GSKILL DDR4 at 3000MHz that would be good for 1800X - it should clock just below it at 29xxMHz. I can make you a good deal with that. And I might even have an extra SSD.
(10-06-2017, 12:26 AM)apoppin Wrote:

You're definitely charging a fair price.  It's just that for me in Canada I would have to pay HST for it to clear through customs, so the total cost for me would be over $650CAD, plus the shipping cost.  It's a little much.  It would generate $30USD/month in mining income, so it would pay itself off in 17 months, provided that the mining holds out that long.  It would also be a CPU platform that would last me for years and years in all likelihood.  I'm going to think it over and let you know.  This is definitely a much better deal for someone in the USA.

The other problem for me is all the other costs associated with building a new PC.  I would need a case, PSU, RAM, SSD, and a GPU for it.  I would probably make my current PC a dedicated mining PC.  For Ryzen I would want a GTX 1080 Ti, preferably with the new faster memory.  It's going to wind up costing me over $3000CAD.

I will think about it.  If I can bring the overall cost of the rig down somehow I just might do it.

I already mentioned the issues of sending things to Canada - even for a gift, they charge you import duty.

I also have 2x8GB of GSKILL DDR4 at 3000MHz that would be good for 1800X - it should clock just below it at 29xxMHz.  I can make you a good deal with that.  And I might even have an extra SSD.
Interesting. Please let me know how much you want for everything. I would definitely need the SSD and the RAM.
(10-06-2017, 12:30 AM)SickBeast Wrote:

I also have 2x8GB of GSKILL DDR4 at 3000MHz that would be good for 1800X - it should clock just below it at 29xxMHz.  I can make you a good deal with that.  And I might even have an extra SSD.
Interesting.  Please let me know how much you want for everything.  I would definitely need the SSD and the RAM.

Let's continue our discussion by email. I have to make sure that everything that I'm selling is HW that I purchased - I never sell anything that I get for review.
(10-06-2017, 12:39 AM)apoppin Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 12:30 AM)SickBeast Wrote:

Interesting.  Please let me know how much you want for everything.  I would definitely need the SSD and the RAM.

Let's continue our discussion by email.  I have to make sure that everything that I'm selling is HW that I purchased - I never sell anything that I get for review.

Ok thanks I just sent you an email.
(10-06-2017, 12:42 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Ok thanks I just sent you an email.

And I think I just made you a really good deal.
:)
Indeed, thanks. :D

Guys it looks like I just bought a Ryzen 1800X CPU! Fun times! I will keep you guys updated. More mining hash rate for me. I do batch image processing also, it's going to fly on this cpu.

Thanks again apoppin. :)